Posted on June 15, 2016
Happy Weekly Food Fun to you!
If you are on Facebook like my page so you don’t miss out on my daily recipe finds.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Stroganoff, by SkinnyMs. was my first new food adventure for the week. I love beef stroganoff, although we rarely have beef. We always have chicken, so I was happy to find this recipe. It had really good flavor, and easy to make, hey, the slow cooker does the work. And instead of noodles for a side dish I decided to try Zucchini Broccoli Patties -by p.s. it’s healthy. They turned out really good. Although would have been better with a yogurt dill sauce instead of the stroganoff sauce. Just my thoughts on it. I will make them again, although I think they would be a better match with trout or salmon patties since I would use the yogurt dill sauce on both.
Pizza Night – I had made bread earlier in the week. I love the Olive Oil Dough from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day. The Recipe makes a batch of dough that can be used little by little over week or so. I make a loaf to enjoy with olive oil and herb dip. Then pizza is always a nice addition. The guys had a basic pizza, pepperoni, ham. I added mushrooms, onions, green and black olives to mine.
My final creation for the week is a family favorite my son and I came up with. It was one of those weeks we had chicken… and what else can we throw into the crockpot for some flavor. Well Italian Dressing and Lemon juice and some herbs it was. Sometimes those last minute things, digging through the refrigerator turn out to be pretty good.
- 4 thawed boneless chicken breasts
- 3-4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup zesty italian dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Seasonings -
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ sliced fresh lemon for garnish
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray, or a light coat of olive oil
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot
- Pour in chicken stock and italian dressing
- Mix and sprinkle garlic, salt, pepper and the additional herbs desired over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, high for 3-5 hours
- The last 30 minutes for hour if you can add the lemon juice
- Serve with a slice of fresh lemon. If you don't have time at the end of cooking, pour some fresh lemon over the chicken at time of serving for a pop of flavor.
Enjoy the fun of food! And searching through the refrigerator for ingredients to make a tasty dinner.